We are currently booked with students thru December 2019.
We are currently accepting inquiries for student observation hours and Level I and II Fieldwork requests for 2020.
Are you applying to college Occupational Therapy or Physical Therapy programs and need observation hours as part of the application process? Are you a high school student in need of volunteer hours or wanting to learn more about Occupational Therapy or Physical Therapy? WE ARE HAPPY TO HELP!
Students who are currently in an OT or PT program and looking for a pediatric Fieldwork site for either Level I or II Fieldwork, to include OTD and DPT students seeking a 16-week Doctoral Experience:
We would love to chat more with you about your needs! We have limited placement opportunities for students and therefore only allow top-quality students who pass several steps to our process of acceptance. We need at least 6 months advance notice for a fieldwork request. As we tend to book quickly, it is recommended that you inquire with us at least 12 months in advance of placement dates. Our facility needs to have a fieldwork agreement in place with your school prior to starting fieldwork.
Here are the steps required in order to request a PT or OT Fieldwork placement with our clinic:
1. Email a resume/CV with cover letter describing the details of your request, such as dates of fieldwork, personal experience and qualities that make you a good candidate, etc. This information can be in the body of the email. Send your email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. We will respond and let you know whether or not we can first accommodate your requested dates. If we CAN, we will then set up a phone interview.
3. After the phone interview, we will set up an in-person meeting to introduce you to staff, the setting, and provide more information and materials about the clinic and fieldwork experience.
4. We will let you know within 1 week of the in-person meeting if we feel it will be a good fit with both your needs and our clinic needs, as well as a good fit with your future Fieldwork Educator.
5. We will sign the fieldwork agreement with your school.
6. You will need a background check and be current with CPR and First Aid prior to beginning your fieldwork with us.
7. YOU WILL BE ALL SET TO LEARN FROM THE BEST OT & PT PRACTITIONERS IN VIRGINIA! GET READY FOR A FUN, EDUCATIONAL, AND VARIED FIELDWORK EXPERIENCE!