You might see Penny around the clinic, or even in some special videos on our social media pages! Sometimes Penny even visits our friends during therapy sessions!
We chose a penguin for our mascot because they are similar to our children in the clinic in so many ways! Check out how penguins and children are alike:
• Penguins love to swim because they like how the water makes their bodies feel calm. They seem to be able to feel their body parts a little better when they are in the water because of the resistance. (We call this proprioception!)
• Penguins love to play on their bellies!
• Penguins are loyal and dedicated to their families!
• Penguins can’t fly- neither can our children! (or can they?)
Here are some other FUN FACTS about penguins! Did you know:
• A large group of penguin friends playing in the water is called a Raft. However, if the group is playing on land, they are called a Waddle!
• Penguins come in all shapes and sizes! There are at least 17 species, with the smallest being 10 inches tall and the largest being over 4 feet tall!
• Penguins can’t swim backwards!
• Penguins are great at jumping! Some types of penguins can jump up to 9 feet in the air!
Every January we celebrate Penguin Month with fun activities, giveaways, and contests! Penny hopes that you will stop by and help us celebrate!